|Early adolescence is a challenging stage in the development of all children. They are growing physically, intellectually, and socially more during these years than they have at any other time in their lives. The Franklin Avenue Middle School community recognizes this fact and provides students with the proper support and encouragement so that they may leave middle school with the skills requisite for a successful career in high school and beyond.|
There is no need to click, search, or subscribe; the Constant Contact communication will come directly to you. Of course, you can unsubscribe from this resource at any time and then re-subscribe in the future. Enjoy!
Click HERE to get to the School News and Views Archive.
- 6th Grade - September 30 - 9:30am
- 7th Grade - October 1 - 9:30am
- 8th Grade - October 2 - 9:30am
Thank you for your support and I look forward to seeing you at a FAMS Coffee Chat.
Following this meeting, at 7:30PM, the FAMS Guidance staff will provide important information regarding the selection of a high school for next year. Both meetings are extremely important and will provide a variety of information for parents.
All students who participated in soccer or volleyball will need a new Part A of the physical form. Part A is only valid for 60 days. Physicals (Part B) are good for 365 days. The Physical form is posted on the FAMS Health Office Website.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact or see Mrs. Vinci.
(201) 891-0202 ext. 218
Students and Parents may also purchase books off of the teacher's wishlist for the teacher's classroom.
*HEADLINE NEWS :
September 25 - No School/Rosh Hashanah
We remind all students to examine their clothing choices each morning before arrival to school. Be reminded that FAMS has guidelines that can answer your questions regarding appropriateness of attire. We all appreciate your cooperation. Stop by the office with any questions.
Some reminders about school procedures:
- Please arrive to school on time! Attendance is taken at 8:05.
- Remember we only allow walking in the hallways. Safety first!
- Follow all bus safety rules. Remember there are no assigned seats.
- Notice the rotation for recess for the first marking period. It is posted in all homerooms and of course the MPR. We will only use the rotation when the weather is warm enough to go outside.
- If you plan to leave the MPR for any reason at lunch time, you MUST sign out first. If you will be with a teacher, you will need to show a pass!
- Large bags and backpacks are not permitted to be used throughout the day.
- Also, please leave all of your class materials in your locker when you come to lunch.
*Note that the school store is open to students during their lunch periods on Monday, Wednesday & Fridays. Snacks are available for .50/.75 cents. Please do not bring in bills larger than $5.00 as we are not able to make change.
- Students, when you arrive to school in bad weather, you will be waiting inside the building until the 8:00 am bell. All students will enter through the door by the gym and then proceed to the following locations:
- 6th grade - front hall by Rooms 157 and 158
- 7th grade - MPR
- 8th grade - gym lobby
STUDENTS SHOULD NOT BRING SCHOOL BAGS,
> If going to Alternate Lunch or the Library, remember your sign-out number and use the same number when signing in at your destination. Alternate Lunch eats in the Alt. Lunch room, Library eats in MPR-no food is allowed in the Library.
> If parent is dropping off your lunch, it is your responsibility to look for you lunch in the white basket near the stage. If you need assistance, ask an adult for help.
> Remember that students must adhere to the guidelines regarding bags and backpacks and dress code. If you have any questions, please stop by the office.
COMPUTER LAB - Is open in room 225
*Before school at 7:15 am
*After school until 3:30 pm
- 7th Grade meets on Day 1
- 8th Grade meets on Day 2
MUSIC: .... More Band Information coming soon
- 6th Grade, please see Mrs. Hartman
- 7th Grade meets on Day 21
- 8th Grade meets on Day 1
Volleyball - Game @ Rivervale 9/18 @4pm
Soccer - Game Boys home, Girls away vs. Rivervale 9/18 @ 4pm