|Early adolescence is a challenging stage in the development of all children. They are growing physically, intellectually, and socially more during these years than they have at any other time in their lives. The Franklin Avenue Middle School community recognizes this fact and provides students with the proper support and encouragement so that they may leave middle school with the skills requisite for a successful career in high school and beyond.|
9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Welcome to the Franklin Lakes School District! We are pleased to inform you about the new streamlined procedure for registering new students entering Kindergarten through Eighth Grade. We have implemented an electronic open registration process for the 2015-16 school year. We hope this new procedure will simplify the registration process for both our new families and for our staff.
In order to begin the open registration process, please click on the link below:
Once you have completed and submitted your initial registration, you will be contacted shortly by the appropriate school(s) with further instructions on how to complete the registration process. Parents of students who will enter Kindergarten in September 2015 may register their children who were born on or before October 1, 2010.
We look forward to your active participation and support. I am confident that our district will provide a dynamic, comprehensive and meaningful program to meet your child's educational needs.
Lydia E. Furnari, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
We hope to see you there!
Monday, May 11th - Friday, May 22nd
FAMS and the PLC will be kick off their annual Food Drive starting Monday, May 11th. We will accept any type of food or household items you'd like to donate! Please take this opportunity to clean out your pantries, providing those in need with food and supplies. Springtime leaves our food banks dangerously low, as most families tend to donate during the holiday seasons. FAMS wants to make a difference, and we need your help to do so! Please bag or box any donations you'd like to give, and write the student's name and homeroom number on the bag. You can send in the donations with your child, or drop them off in the front lobby anytime over the next two weeks. All proceeds will be donated to the Center for Food Action in Mahwah, which feeds over 90 towns in our region. Thank you!
FAMS would like to congratulate our Students and Patriots of the Month for April.
The Student and Patriot of the Month program provides recognition for students who exhibit positive behaviors and exemplary performance. Selected students will receive a certificate and a congratulatory breakfast sponsored by the FAMS PTA for their accomplishments.
|Student of the Month||Patriot of the Month|
|6th||Lexi Petruzzella||Abdel El-Samna|
|Shannon Cicero||Michaela Halbach|
|7th||Jackie Schwartz||Andrew Romano|
|Lina Giampa||Blake Dixon-Patrick|
|8th||Max Berezovsky||Megan Casesa|
|Remy Goldberg||Ben Kearney|
Marking Period 4
- IOWA Algebra Assessment - Monday, March 33 (special schedule)
- Math Knowledge Assessment - Friday, April 24 (In class)
- Math In Focus Assessment - Friday, May 29 (In class)
Living Lessons is a community-wide program that was funded by FLEF, FAMS PTA, FLEA, and the Municipal Alliance and helped students, staff, and volunteers to realize the importance of reaching out to others, embracing their differences, respecting diversity, and learning how to deal with and overcome challenges by exploring stereotypes, prejudices, bias, discrimination, and noting how people have risen above these hardships to succeed in life. Living Lessons has been a part of FAMS since 2012 and is offered on an every other year basis. It is our sincere hope that this fantastic program and collection of presenters continues to touch the lives of the children and adults in Franklin Lakes for years to come.
Congratulations Ms. Antonison!!
Track & Field - Tuesday's June 2 conference track meet is at Pascack Valley High School (200 Piermount Ave in Hillsdale). Please see Mr. Tuttle and Ms. McLaughlin with any questions.
Click here for link to directions to athletic events.
Tuesday's June 2 conference track meet is at Pascack Valley High School (200 Piermount Ave in Hillsdale).
*HEADLINE NEWS :
June 2- Ancient Civilization Day
- 8th graders June 9th
- 7th graders June 15th
- 6th graders June 16th
Safe Sitter is a medically accurate up to date babysitting course that teaches life and safety skills.
Where: Hackensack UMC
When: Saturday June 28, 2015 from 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
*To register call 551-996-2401 or email email@example.com
Questions? Interested? see Mrs. Vinci
*REMINDER TO ALL STUDENTS: You should ALWAYS be prepared to go outside for recess everyday. Students must go to their lockers before arriving in the MPR with all the items that you will need.
LOST & FOUND - If you have lost school supplies, clothes, a lunchbox, or other personal items, PLEASE stop in the office.
We remind all students to examine their clothing choices each morning before arrival to school. Be reminded that FAMS has guidelines that can answer your questions regarding appropriateness of attire. We all appreciate your cooperation. Stop by the office with any questions.
Some reminders about school procedures:
- Please arrive to school on time! Attendance is taken at 8:05.
- Remember we only allow walking in the hallways. Safety first!
- Follow all bus safety rules. There are no assigned seats.
- Notice the rotation for recess for the first marking period. It is posted in all homerooms and of course the MPR. We will only use the rotation when the weather is warm enough to go outside.
- If you plan to leave the MPR for any reason at lunch time, you MUST sign out first. If you will be with a teacher, you will need to show a pass!
- Large bags and backpacks are not permitted to be used throughout the day.
*Note that the school store is open to students during their lunch periods on Monday, Wednesday & Fridays. Snacks are available for .75 cents. Please do not bring in bills larger than $5.00 as we are not able to make change.
- When students arrive to school in bad weather, you will be waiting inside the building until the 8:00 am bell. All students will enter through the door by the gym and then proceed to the following locations:
- 6th grade - front hall by Rooms 157 and 158
- 7th grade - MPR
- 8th grade - gym lobby
STUDENTS SHOULD NOT BRING SCHOOL BAGS,
> If going to Alternate Lunch or the Library, remember your sign-out number and use the same number when signing in at your destination. Alternate Lunch eats in the Alt. Lunch room, Library eats in MPR-no food is allowed in the Library.
> If parent is dropping off your lunch, it is your responsibility to look for you lunch in the white basket near the stage. If you need assistance, ask an adult for help.
> Remember that students must adhere to the guidelines regarding bags and backpacks and dress code. If you have any questions, please stop by the office.
COMPUTER LAB - Is open in room 225
*Before school at 7:15 am
*After school until 3:30 pm
- Animal Club - will begin Wednesday, January 14th, in Room 210, from 3:00 - 3:30 pm. Please arrange for prompt pick-up.
- Book Club - will meet in room 144 until 3:45
- Chemisrty Club - Meetings in room 210
- Drama Club - "Fidler on The Roof"- Cast list is located on the window in the main office. Please see Miss Stein or Miss Kayser.
- Art Club - Mrs. Behrens
- Book Club - Meeting on January 6th from 3:00 - 3:45 pm. We will read Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, chapters 1-7. (meets on Tuesdays). See Ms. Glemboski with questions.
- Environmental Club - Will meet 1-2 Tuesdays a month after school in room 237 until 3:30. All grades are welcome. See Ms. Antonison for details.
- Photography Club - The club will be meeting on Wednesdays during October and November from 3:00-3:30 pm. This club is open to all 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Bring your cell phone or digital camera. There also are school cameras available to borrow. See Mr. V. for more info!
- Tennis - Contact Mr. Colón
- 7th Grade meets on Day 1
- 8th Grade meets on Day 2
- BAND/CHORUS: Click here for schedule
- VOCAL MUSIC -
- 6th Grade, meets on Tuesday and Thursday (during lunch)
- 7th Grade meets on Day 2
- 8th Grade meets on Day 1
SPORTS: See Our Athletics Page