|Early adolescence is a challenging stage in the development of all children. They are growing physically, intellectually, and socially more during these years than they have at any other time in their lives. The Franklin Avenue Middle School community recognizes this fact and provides students with the proper support and encouragement so that they may leave middle school with the skills requisite for a successful career in high school and beyond.|
Living Lessons is a community-wide program that was funded by FLEF, FAMS PTA, FLEA, and the Municipal Alliance and helped students, staff, and volunteers to realize the importance of reaching out to others, embracing their differences, respecting diversity, and learning how to deal with and overcome challenges by exploring stereotypes, prejudices, bias, discrimination, and noting how people have risen above these hardships to succeed in life. Living Lessons has been a part of FAMS since 2012 and is offered on an every other year basis. It is our sincere hope that this fantastic program and collection of presenters continues to touch the lives of the children and adults in Franklin Lakes for years to come.
The PLC is excited to kick off its annual Clothing Drive at FAMS this Monday, December 9th. We will be collecting any and all clean clothes or accessories for the next two weeks. Please clean out your closets and gather your unwanted shirts, pants, coats, gloves, scarves, ANYTHING! Place all the donations in a large bag with the student's name and homeroom number written on the side. You can send the items in with your child, or drop them off anytime inside the main entrance at FAMS. All donations will be delivered to those in need in Bergen County before the holidays. Your donation will make a difference!
To order your yearbook online by credit card, simply log on to www.jostensyearbooks.com, click Buy Your Yearbook, find Franklin Avenue Middle School in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, then follow the on screen prompts!
SALE BEGINS NOW!
**Special Promotion: Any personalized yearbook ordered online before October 31, 2014 will receive up to 4 Free personalization icons!
VISIT US ON THE WEB TO PLACE YOUR ORDER
Tennis - Will meet every Wednesday from 3:15-4:30 at the Old Mill Road Courts. Please bring with you...
See Mr. Colón and Miss Spirko
Basketball - See Coach Slade
Boys & Girls Schedule: Click here for schedule
*See Mr. Livesey or Mrs. Banta
Volleyball - Click here for schedule....See Mr. Tuttle
December 18 - Winter Concert
December 23 - Minimum Day/Begin Winter Break
January 5 - Students return from Winter Break
*REMINDER TO ALL STUDENTS: You should ALWAYS be prepared to go outside for recess everyday. Students must go to their lockers before arriving in the MPR with all the items that you will need.
FAMS STUDENTS - ORDER YOUR 2015 YEARBOOK ONLINE TODAY! SALE BEGINS NOW! $55.00
We remind all students to examine their clothing choices each morning before arrival to school. Be reminded that FAMS has guidelines that can answer your questions regarding appropriateness of attire. We all appreciate your cooperation. Stop by the office with any questions.
Some reminders about school procedures:
- Please arrive to school on time! Attendance is taken at 8:05.
- Remember we only allow walking in the hallways. Safety first!
- Follow all bus safety rules. There are no assigned seats.
- Notice the rotation for recess for the first marking period. It is posted in all homerooms and of course the MPR. We will only use the rotation when the weather is warm enough to go outside.
- If you plan to leave the MPR for any reason at lunch time, you MUST sign out first. If you will be with a teacher, you will need to show a pass!
- Large bags and backpacks are not permitted to be used throughout the day.
*Note that the school store is open to students during their lunch periods on Monday, Wednesday & Fridays. Snacks are available for .75 cents. Please do not bring in bills larger than $5.00 as we are not able to make change.
- When students arrive to school in bad weather, you will be waiting inside the building until the 8:00 am bell. All students will enter through the door by the gym and then proceed to the following locations:
- 6th grade - front hall by Rooms 157 and 158
- 7th grade - MPR
- 8th grade - gym lobby
STUDENTS SHOULD NOT BRING SCHOOL BAGS,
> If going to Alternate Lunch or the Library, remember your sign-out number and use the same number when signing in at your destination. Alternate Lunch eats in the Alt. Lunch room, Library eats in MPR-no food is allowed in the Library.
> If parent is dropping off your lunch, it is your responsibility to look for you lunch in the white basket near the stage. If you need assistance, ask an adult for help.
> Remember that students must adhere to the guidelines regarding bags and backpacks and dress code. If you have any questions, please stop by the office.
COMPUTER LAB - Is open in room 225
*Before school at 7:15 am
*After school until 3:30 pm
- Book Club - will meet in room 144 until 3:45
- Chemisrty Club - Meetings in room 210
- Drama Club - "Fidler on The Roof"- Cast list is located on the window in the main office. Please see Miss Stein or Miss Kayser.
- Art Club - Mrs. Behrens
- Book Club - Meeting on January 6th from 3:00 - 3:45 pm. We will read Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, chapters 1-7. (meets on Tuesdays). See Ms. Glemboski with questions.
- Environmental Club - Will meet 1-2 Tuesdays a month after school in room 237 until 3:30. All grades are welcome. See Ms. Antonison for details.
- Photography Club - The club will be meeting on Wednesdays during October and November from 3:00-3:30 pm. This club is open to all 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Bring your cell phone or digital camera. There also are school cameras available to borrow. See Mr. V. for more info!
- Tennis - Contact Mr. Colón
- 7th Grade meets on Day 1
- 8th Grade meets on Day 2
- BAND/CHORUS: Boys' Chorus is open to any 6th, 7th, or 8th grade boy
- VOCAL MUSIC - Bergen County Chorus forms are due to Mrs. Hartman this Wednesday
- 6th Grade, meets on Tuesday and Thursday (during lunch)
- 7th Grade meets on Day 2
- 8th Grade meets on Day 1
- Boys practice from 3:45 - 5:00 pm
- Girls practice from 3:45 - 5:00 pm